Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fixed in the 50's...

Anachronism: something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, esp. a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time.

Mother is always calling me an anachronism and Alyson is always telling me I am weird for my interests. I have an obsession with anything from the 1930’s to the 1960’s. The language, the hair, the dress, the music, the BEAUTY. I am not much of a disco freak so the 70’s are O.U.T. I just recently ordered a black rotary phone in the mail just like my idol Della Street (Barbara Hale) had from Perry Mason which is my favorite TV show. Next on my list will be a typewriter…. but not the electric kind yuk! The first-half of the 20th century seemed so marvelous, although mother and father tell me it had its problems just like we currently have. War, economic problems, ya ya ya. Home life seemed so perfect, and women were women and men were men. The mothers dressed like ladies and didn’t try to dress like they were still 16 and the men wore a suit and tie and were gentlemen. I idolize that time. I love hippy music so the 60’s are perfect. In addition Perry Mason was on TV. I couldn’t live without my Perry! Everything seemed so decent and perfect then. I am sure I will rant about this topic much more throughout my blog because of my undying obsession and desire to bring back the 50’s!

A list of my favorite movie stars:
1) Cary Grant
2) Deborah Kerr
3) Katherine Hepburn
4) Judy Garland
5) Raymond Burr
6) Barbara Hale

No comments: