Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why is it that the world's funniest jokes are all about snails?...

Okay so ever since I can remember my very very favorite joke has been:

Q:What did one snail say to the other while sitting on a turtle's back?
A: "HOLD ON! HERE WE GO!"

I really have no idea why that joke makes me laugh so hard but it never gets old. But I have to say that it is best stated when my mom tells it. The first time she told me I was on the floor for at least five minutes straight laughing my head off. I think it is funny how certain jokes will hit a person so hard and then if you tell the same joke to the next person they don't even laugh.

Here is another funny snail joke that I like:















And here's another one I just found that makes me laugh so hard:

This guy was washing the dishes in his kitchen and he heard a knock at the door. He opened the door and there was nobody there. Just as he was closing it he looked down and saw a snail. "What do you want?" he asked the snail. "Can I have a glass of water please?" replied the snail. "No, clear off!" shouted the guy and he punted the snail down to the bottom of the garden. Two months later he was in the kitchen again and he heard another knock at the door. He opened the door, looked down, and saw the snail again. "What do you want?" he shouted. "Why did you do that?" said the snail.

And another:

This snail is at the police station. He's telling the officer on duty about how he was just mugged and robbed."It was these two turtles!" the snail sobs. "They beat me up and took my money!"The officer asks "Did you get a good look at them?"The snail says "No! It all happened so fast!"
Ha ha I hope you enjoyed them!... cause I sure did!
Love always, Ellie

6 comments:

Andres Bosque said...

A snail goes to a fancy car dealership and asks for the head of the dealership.
The dealer comes out, slighty confused as to why this snail called for him. The snail turns to the dealer and tells him he would like his top of the line red convertible.
"I will only buy this car on ONE condition," the snail said.
"Well... what is it?" the dealer replied.
"I want this nice red convertible with a big 'S' painted on the side," the snail said confidently.
The dealer, even more confused, asked,
"Why would you want a big 'S' on the side of this car?"

"When I speed on by other cars I want people to say 'Look at that S car go!'"
Get it? hahaha!
(hint: say S car go really quickly)

Ellie.Wellie said...

Ha ha yeah I got it! Nice one Bosque! You're catching on. So what you're saying is that you agree with me that some of the greatest jokes ever created include snails in them right? or do you just like that one cause it talks about a cars? ha ha just kidding!

Unknown said...

The greatest jokes are either about snails or chickens...here is my all time favorite:

Q. Why did the chicken cross the playground?
A. To get to the other SLIDE!!!!!

Ha i got that off a Laffy Taffy! I always laugh my head off when i tell that joke, but no one else seems to think that it is very funny! The same thing that happens when you tell your snail joke! But, just so you know, i think that your jokes are absolutely hilarious!!!
(Andrew's Little Sister, Erin)

Ellie.Wellie said...

Ha ha thanks for your comment Erin! It is great to hear from you. Ha ha I am glad you understand where I come from when I say nobody else laughs at the same jokes. I really like yours about the chicken by the way. Ha ha very clever! I think the reason that we laugh at those jokes is because they are so simple and the punch line is so stupid and predictable that it is funny!
Jack went through a phase when he was a little boy where he would make up jokes and there is one that my family still talks about that is his all time classic. It doesn't make any sense but he totally thought it did at the time which made it even more funny...

Q: Why did the egg go on the elevator?
A: BECAUSE... IT WAS AN EXCAVATOR!

Hope to see/hear from you soon! Love, Ellie

Unknown said...

Ellie! That joke that Jack made up is pretty funny! :) I will have to tease him about it at school one time. When he says hi to me at school it makes me feel so cool that a ninth grader is talking to me! :) I hope to see you soon too! Love, Erin
P.S. I LOVE your blog!!!!!

Ellie.Wellie said...

Hey Erin! Ha ha yeah you should totally tease him about his joke. It would be so funny if you like casually brought it up in a conversation. Like...
You: "Oh so I heard this way funny joke from a friend... so why did the egg go on the elevator?"
Jack: "I don't know Erin, why?!"
You: "Because it was an excavator!"

Ha ha that would be way funny! Yeah Jack says he sees you in the halls quite a bit and he always waves at you. He tells me that you are a way nice girl and I totally believe it cause you are always so sweet when I am around. We both really love your family. I hope to hear from you soon girl! Love, Ellie